Welcome to Sleep Centers of Texas! Our team of highly skilled and trained health care professionals brings together a wide array of medical expertise. We are committed to working closely with you and with your physician to deliver the highest quality of care. We appreciate that you have chosen to entrust us with your care and we welcome the opportunity to serve you.
Appointments are scheduled during normal business hours between 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Office visits for home sleep apnea tests and PAP device setup and delivery are scheduled during normal business hours; in-laboratory overnight sleep studies are scheduled each night of the week with limited exceptions. To schedule an appointment, please call our office during normal business hours.
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment for an overnight sleep study, please notify our office during normal business hours at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. If you do not cancel and you do not show up for your appointment, you may be charged $150 for the missed appointment. Such fees are not covered by health insurance; hence you will be responsible for paying this fee. Please bear in mind that for each overnight sleep study, a private room is reserved for you and a sleep technologist is assigned to you, so costs are incurred in preparation for your sleep study. Kindly call our office as far in advance as possible, and at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment, should you need to reschedule your appointment.
Preparing For Your Initial Visit
Prior to your initial visit, please remind your primary care physician and/or referring physician to fax the referral form and your medical records to our office.
Items to bring with you for your initial visit:
- Driver’s license or other valid government-issued photo identification
- Insurance card(s)
- List of all medications – prescription and over-the-counter drugs as well as any vitamins and supplements that you are currently taking, including dosage and frequency.
- Insurance co-payment, coinsurance, and /or deductible applicable to your health plan
We appreciate payment at the time of service and will accept personal checks, cash, and credit cards. As a courtesy to you, we will process your claim with your insurance company. Please note that insurance is a contract between you and your insurance company. While we may be the service provider, we are not party to that contract. Not all services are covered benefits in all insurance plans. In some cases, you may be responsible for amounts not covered by insurance such as the deductible, copayment, coinsurance, and any unpaid balance. We will make every effort to verify your insurance coverage prior to any procedures and relay this information to you. If you have any questions or are uncertain as to your insurance coverage, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance.
- Payment Options
- Insured Patients: We require that you present a current copy of your insurance card to the receptionist at the time of service. Although we may estimate the amount that you and your insurance carrier owe for services rendered, it is your insurance company that ultimately makes the final determination of eligibility and payment. Once your claim is processed by your insurance company, any amounts not covered by insurance will be billed to you and it is your obligation to pay these charges. At the time of service, you must pay any applicable deductible, copayment, and/or coinsurance.
- Private Pay / Uninsured Patients: You are expected to pay the full amount for services rendered at the time of service if: 1) you do not have insurance coverage; 2) your insurance carrier declines to cover the service; 3) Sleep Centers of Texas is not contracted with your insurer; or 4) you are paid directly by your insurer. In some instances, payment arrangements may be made prior to the date of service. If prearranged payments are approved, we will require a valid credit card on file.
- Refunds: If there is an overpayment for services rendered, we will refund the amount to you once all claims are settled on the account and no payment is due on any other claim.
- Returned Checks: A returned check fee of $20.00 will be assessed to your account for checks returned by the bank. If a returned check is received on your account, you will be required to pay all fees associated with this check in cash prior to scheduling a new appointment.
- Account Balances: If there is a balance on your account, we will send you a monthly statement. Balances are expected to be paid in full upon receipt of the statement. Payments not received within 30 days of receipt of the statement are considered past due. Accounts with balances outstanding for 90 days will be referred to a collection agency. If your account is sent to a collection agency, you may be subject to agency fees and penalties.
- Disputes: Any disputes of your account should be submitted in writing within 30 days of receipt of the monthly statement. You will be notified of the outcome within 14 days of receipt of your submission.